Where do you want to go?
The Pacific Coast – Local Communitiy Project & Pristine Nature
4 Days / 3 Nights
Explore the unique Pacific Coast of Colombia. Get to know afro-colombian communities of the pacific coast. Hike through tropical forest observing colorful exotic frogs and discover stunning waterfalls surrounded by rainforest and relax in thermal water at the local hot springs. Journey up a pristine jungle river in a traditional canoe and explore endemic mangrove forests. All activities are organized and guided by the participating communities, which are directly supported with health and education projects within their villages. Discover beautiful landscapes with jungle waterfalls, mangrove forests and deserted beaches. This trip has a perfect mixture of active as well as relaxing elements, and guarantees an unforgettable Colombian experience.
- Explore three Afro-Colombian Chocó communities
- Paddle through Colombia’s best preserved mangrove forests
- Swim under jungle waterfalls & hike through mountainous rainforest
- Relax in natural hot springs surrounded by tropical forest
- Enjoy remote sandy beaches and the jungle of Colombia’s Pacific Coast
- Support environmental projects in the local communities to conserve the rainforest
- Be part of of an authentic community experience
Want to personalize this trip?
No Problem! We’ll do it for you.
- Boat-Transfer Nuqui – Playa Guachalito / Playa Guachalito – Nuqui
- Accommodation (3 nights – double room)
- Meals (3 x per day)
- Visit of 3 afro-colombian communities (Jovi, Coqui & Termales)
- Boat-Transfer Guachalito – Jovi – Coqui – Guachalito (day 2)
- Guided canoe-ride on the Jovi River
- Guided boat-ride on the mangroves of Coqui
- Boat-transfer Guachalito – Termales – Guachalito (day 3)
- Guided jungle hike to “4 Encantos” Falls
- Rubber boots for the jungle hike
- Entrance fee hot springs of Termales
- Water, juices, coffee, tea
- Contribution to environmental projects in local communities
Eco-Lodge El Cantil
Eco-Hotel La Joviseña
Eco-Posada Posada Mar y Rio
Day 1: Flight Medellín – Nuquí (L, D)
Arrive in the morning in Nuquí, where your guide from the Community Tourism Alliance will meet you and bring you by boat to your hotel. The hotel is located at Guachalito beach, half an hour down the coast from Nuquí. On the way, enjoy the incredible landscapes where the mountains descent to the sea. After a fresh lunch, enjoy a free afternoon on the beaches of Guachalito, where you can snorkel, swim or just relax in a hammock in front of your eco-hotel.
Day 2: Community visits: Pristine Jungle River in Jovi & mangrove forest of Coqui (B, L, D)
After breakfast you visit the Joví community. A local guide will provide information about the community tourism organisation of the locals, before boarding a chingo, an artisanal canoe. Travel by chingo up the Joví River, a shallow, slow moving river where you can see birds and other animals. After an hour, you arrive at a waterfall in the rainforest, where you can take a dip in the crystal-clear water in the middle of the jungle. Return by chingo to Joví. Afterwards trave to the neighbouring community of Coquí, where you will enjoy a traditional lunch prepared by some of the best cooks in the Choco region. Coquí is located on a small island surrounded by mangrove forest. Explore the nearby mangrove forests, which is considered to be one of the best-preserved mangroves in Colombia. Here, you can spot rare birds and tropical plants. After the tour you return by boat to your eco-hotel at Guachalito beach.
Day 3: Community visit: Jungle hike, tropical frogs, waterfalls & hot springs in Termales (B, L, D)
This morning you travel to Termales, a small community south of Guachalito. Upon arriving in Termales the guides from the local community tourism association will lead you on a jungle path where you can observe different species of colourful tropical frogs as well as other animals like birds and monkeys. You arrive at a four picturesque waterfalls, which form wide, deep pools where you can swim. After relaxing at the waterfall you return to the community of Termales. At the end of the trail you will find a natural hot spring, for which the town is named. Here you can relax before returning by boat to Guachalito Beach.
Day 4: Depart from Nuquí (B)
This morning after breakfast you return to Nuquí by boat to take your flight back to Medellin.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Dirección: Carrera 43D No. 13-09 El Poblado Medellín - Colombia Nit: 900697895
Tel: +57 (4) 312 89 65 E-mail: email@example.com Skype: Palenque.tours
+57 319 283 4462
Office hours: Monday - Friday
08:00 - 12:00 ; 13:00 - 17:00